Crunchy Pork Chops with ParmesanFrom crocwoman 6 years ago
- pork chops shopping list
- 1/4c butter shopping list
- 3 c onions(thinly sliced) shopping list
- 1/3 c sweet red peppers shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1 c chicken stock shopping list
- Gratin shopping list
- 3/4 c bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2c mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2c parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted) shopping list
- I garnish it with red peppers and thyme shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan or skillet melt about 2 tbsp of the butter and cook the onions until there tender but not browned.Stir in the red pepper,salt, pepper, and thyme.Transfer this to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, melt remaining butter and brown the pork chops.
- In a 8-cup gratin dish, spread half the onion mixture. Top with the pork chops in overlapping rows.Cover with the remaining onion mixture.
- Drizzle stock over casserole.
- Cover and bake in 400 oven (basting 2 or 3 times) for 40 mins. or until chops are tender.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheeses and butter; sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 10 mins. longer to form crisp topping.
- I garnish this after with red peppers and thyme.(optional)