Chilli-Garlic MushroomFrom chillidude 7 years ago
- 4 tablsp red capsicum, roasted, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tablsp garlic, peeled and finely sliced shopping list
- 1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 12 mushroom caps (young, white or portobello), rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3 tablsp dry sherry shopping list
- 2 teasp lemon juice shopping list
- ½ teasp fresh cayenne chilli, de-seeded and very finely sliced shopping list
- 1 tablsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1½ tablsp olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Using a good, heavy frying pan heat the oil and then add the onion and garlic and saute until the garlic is soft. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms, lemon juice, sherry, and chilli and simmer on medium, stirring occasionally until the liquid is reduced by about 75% and the mushrooms have picked up some colour. This should take 9-10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in the parsley and capsicum, and season with salt and pepper.
- I prefer this tapas style dish at room temperature, though you can serv them hot if you like.
The Cookchillidude Perth, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!