Chicken KormaFrom myrna 5 years ago
- 2 c plain yogurt; non-fat shopping list
- 4 whole chicken breasts; skinless shopping list
- 4 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 2 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 medium onion; peeled & cubed shopping list
- 2 tsp ginger; minced shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes; peeled & chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic; peeled & minced shopping list
- 4 each bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper; ground shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together yogurt, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato and bay leaves; cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and marinade mixture to pan and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for about 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- 150 calories, 29% calories from fat, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 38 mg
- cholesterol, 238 sodium, 2 meat, 1/2 milk, 1 fat
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
The Rating5 people
Just the recipe I was looking for. Great blend of flavors and little fuss. Thankstrev in Bogangar loved it
This recipe had tons of flavor! Loved it!coopcatt in Jacksonville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!