Baklava MuffinsFrom mellian 7 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- Muffins: shopping list
- 1 cup flour plus 7 tbsp shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk plus 2 tbsp shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- 2. Mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- 4. Mix the egg, melted butter and buttermilk.
- 5. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add gently mix in the wet ingredients.
- 6. Fill 12 miffin cups 1/3 full, add a scant tablespoon of filling, cover with more muffin mixture until 2/3 full.
- 7. Sprinkle any remaining filling on top of the muffins.
- 8. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 9. Put the muffins onto a rack to cool and drizzle with honey (it may be easier to drizzle the honey if it has been warmed first).
- 6 servings 12 muffins
- Posted by: by Miss Erin Clotfelter
- Substitute for buttermilk:
- 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, stir, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mel's notes: Like any muffin batter, don't overbeat it or the muffins will be tough. I make a bit more filling as we like them gooey.
The Cookmellian Deltona, FL
The Rating4 people
Yum!organicmama in loved it
Wow, it sounds good, I will add your recipe to "From Middle Eastern Lands" Group. Thanks... I will try it!berry in Riverside loved it