Delmonicos Puree Of Portabello Mushroom SoupFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced leeks shopping list
- 1 lb portabella mushrooms, gills removed, trimmed and diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt together the olive oil and butter, then add the onion, celery, and leeks, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cleaned and trimmed sliced portabellos, garlic, and thyme and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sherry and sauté until the liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the stock and increase temperature to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Puree batches of soup in a well-covered blender, processing until smooth and all the soup has been made creamy.
- Return soup to saucepan and make sure it’s all heated through.
- Garnish servings with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
- Source: LA Times, Jan 26, 2005.
- Note: you can read reviews of this recipe at http://www.recipezaar.com/117144.