Blue Cheese And Leek SoupFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1oz butter shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 6oz sliced leeks shopping list
- 1oz flour shopping list
- ¾ pint chicken stock shopping list
- 1 bouquet garni shopping list
- ¾ pint fresh milk shopping list
- 4oz crumbled Blue Cheshire cheese shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3oz natural yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add onions and leeks and fry for about five minutes, until soft
- Stir in the flour and stock, then heat, whisking continuously, until soup thickens.
- Add the bouquet garni and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes. Cool slightly, remove bouquet garni and liquidise soup - then return to pan or dish.
- Add the milk and heat until nearly boiling.
- Then remove from heat, add cheese, pepper and yogurt and stir until cheese has melted.
- Serve hot or chilled. If I am going to serve chilled I I add a few cooked pureed potatoes and chives on top as garnish,