Kimchi Korean Pickled CabbageFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 4 cups bok choy; sliced crosswise in strip shopping list
- 4 cups Chinese cabbage; sliced crosswise in strip shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pickling salt shopping list
- 1 cup scallions; coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 whole chile de arbol shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the dark green leaves from the white stalks of the bok choy, Slice the white stems crosswise into thin slices. Roll the bok choy leaves lengthwise into a cylindrical shape and slice them and the Chinese cabbage crosswise into narrow strips. Toss these all together and soak in refrigerator with salted water to cover for several hours to over night.
- Drain well. Combine with salt, onions, garlic, crushed pepper flakes and ginger. Toss to mix and pack into a large jar with lid. Put the whole chile de arbol whole against the side of the jar for garnish. Drizzle on the vinegar and oil and put on the lid.
- Keep stored in refrigerator and use as needed. This should keep for several weeks.
- A small amount, chopped fine it makes a great relish.
- Note : This is one of the National Dishes of Korea.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating2 people
You knocked it out of the park with this Kim Chi, it beats Tyler Florence's by a mile. Absolutely a favorite of mine. You have my five.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it