Moms Easy Oven PolentaFrom julesong 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 1 to 1-1/2 quart baking pan, stir together the water, salt, pepper and polenta.
- Add the pieces of butter.
- Place the container, uncovered, in the center of the top rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Open the oven, pull out the rack and stir the polenta (this is also the time to add any additional ingredients such as cheese).
- Close the oven and bake the polenta for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- At this point you can either prepare it for frying or serve immediately; if you want to fry it, then you should form it in a pan and refrigerate for several hours.
- It's great straight out of the oven with marinara sauce on it.
- Good additions are Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan, jalapenos, or even pine nuts.