Turkey Pancetta CasseroleFrom legoflamb 6 years ago
- 1/4 lb turkey, ground shopping list
- 1/2 lb pancetta, diced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small eggplant, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, sliced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 lb provolone cheese, sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp butter shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and slice Eggplant into 1/2 inch thick disks, sprinkle with salt and lay out on a paper towel to drain for 5 minutes. Slice Cauliflower and combine with Eggplant in a bowl, drizzle Vinegar over top.
- Pour Olive Oil into pan and saute Pancetta and Onions over medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add Eggplant and Cauliflower to pan. Then add Oregano, Cumin, and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. Also add some more Olive Oil if too dry. Continue to saute another 5 minutes.
- Clear half the pan by shoveling ingredients to one side. Add ground Turkey and cook another 5 minutes.
- Clear half the pan by shoveling ingredients to one side. Add the Garlic and Red Peppers. Saute 1 more minute and turn off flame.
- Grease a 12" Casserole with Butter and pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture from the pan in the bottom of the Casserole. Cover with grated Parmesan and Provolone. Repeat twice more.
- Put Casserole in oven for 15 minutes and serve.