Muffuletta SaladFrom mellian 5 years ago
- 1 pound small shell pasta shopping list
- 1/2 pound salami, cut into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 pkg fresh marinated mozzarella, sliced into small pieces shopping list
- 1 pound provolone cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 pound mortadella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 pound boiled ham, cut into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 20 pitted jumbo black olives, sliced shopping list
- 20 green Queen olives, stuffed with pimientos, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves (or dried) shopping list
- few shakes of dillweed shopping list
- few shakes of dried basil (fresh would be good, too) shopping list
- Parmesan - to taste shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, salami, provolone, mortadella, ham, olives, onion, garlic, celery, parsley and thyme. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Pour over the salad mixture. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to mix well. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Emeril Lagassee from
- Every Day's a Party cookbook
- Mel's notes: Outstanding! (but expensive).
- Mel's notes: I make a little bit more dressing as the recipe amounts are a bit dry. I am also now including parmesan cheese, dillweed and dried basil - 10/22/05
The Cookmellian Deltona, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!