Easy Egg Foo YungFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- 5 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken (or shredded) shopping list
- 1-2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 6.5 oz can mushroom pieces & stems, drained (chopped if pieces are large) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- hot, cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Egg Patties:
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, meat, onion powder, bean sprouts and mushrooms.
- In large skillet, heat 2 Tbs. of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Pour egg mixture by 1/3 cups into the pan. (2 – 3 egg patties at a time).
- Cook until light brown on both sides. Repeat, using more oil as needed.
- In a saucepan, blend cornstarch with water.
- When smooth, add chicken broth and soy sauce to pan. Combine well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over egg patties.
- Serve over rice.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!