Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato BisqueFrom redridinghood 8 years ago
- 3 larger red bell peppers shopping list
- 2 cups canned roma tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stalk shopping list
- 1 red onion shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp EVOO shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the onion into quarters.
- Seed the red peppers and cut lengthwise into two pieces.
- Brush a baking sheet some EVOO and place the red peppers skin side up. Fill the spaces with the onion quarters and whole garlic cloves. Drizzle the 1 tbsp EVOO on top of the veggies and roast for 20 minutes or until the skins of the peppers are brown.
- Remove the skin from the peppers and chop it into big chunks.
- While the peppers are roasting, in a large soup pot or saucepan, combine drained tomatoes, oregano and chicken stalk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- When the peppers are skinned, add to the chicken/tomato mixture along with the onions and the garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree mixture until desired texture is achieved.
- Add basil, sugar, S/P. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
The Cookredridinghood Lethbridge, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!