Homemade Girlscout SamoasFrom chasingtwilight 7 years ago
- 1 box shortbread cookies shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1-4 cups toasted coconut (depending on how much you want) shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- (Optional) To make handling easier you can dip the bottoms of the cookies in melted chocolate first and let them sit to thoroughly dry.
- Place each shortbread cookie in cup of a greased muffin tin.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 200-210 degrees.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
- Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
- Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls over shortbread cookies.
- Cool completely.
- Remove cooled cookies from muffin tin onto waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature.
- Store in airtight container