Chocolate Molasses CookiesFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- powdered sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave-safe glass mixing bowl on high power in 30-second increments, until almost melted. Stir to blend well, then let cool. (The total microwave time is about 1 minute.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir brown sugar, egg, molasses and vanilla into cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Place scant tablespoons of dough on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 11 minutes until tops begin to crack and cookies are still soft to the touch. Let cool 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar. Makes 36 cookies.
- PER SERVING (One cookie): Calories 76 (47% fat)
- Fat 4 g (2 g sat)
- Cholesterol 12 mg
- Sodium 27 mg
- Trace fiber Carbohydrates 9 g
- Protein 1 g
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating2 people
I LOVE Chocolate and I really really love Molasses.. Great post!! we will be making these very soon.
invisiblechef in loved it
These are AWESOME, they are now with 'the list' of snack recipes that I make for my son's lunches. We were on a molasses cooking craze tonight and had just enough left to make them.
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it