Poached EggsFrom samgoldman 8 years ago
How to make it
- Find a vessel. I like pans, but if yours aren't deep enough to submerge the eggs use a pot instead. If you have a fancy schmancy egg poacher don't bother reading this at all.
- Fill vessel with water (a little room please) and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and dash white distilled vinegar. This helps the egg white coagulate so it won't spread out over the entire pan.
- Carefully crack your eggs into the pan. Get close. Don't break them.
- After 1 minute, check to make sure your eggs aren't stuck to the bottom.
- Cook for 6 minutes or so. This varies but you get a feel for it.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- ma718sv Nowhere, Us
- donman Hammond, LA
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- grk Houston, TX
- rasheeeeeed East Lansing, MI
- frugal_foodie Stamping Ground, KY
- prateekshachandrashekar London, IN
- lorialehmann Detroit Lakes, MN
- samgoldman Baltimore, MD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksamgoldman Baltimore, MD
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!