Washington Apple CakeFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose four shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, (optional) shopping list
- 4 cups thinly sliced, pared apples ( about 5 medium) shopping list
- Your favorite cream cheese frosting (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl,beat eggs at high speed until thick and light. Combin sugar and oil. Beat into eggs.
- Sti together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to egg mixture along with vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread apples in buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Pour batter over apples, spreading to cover.
- Bake at 350.F for 1 hour or unil top is pale golden and apples are cooked. Remove from oven. Cool.
- Spread with cream cheese frosting, if desired.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating2 people
This is such an awesome cake especially when paired with a not-too-sweet cream cheese frosting. Actually, it's good paired with wedges of old cheddar too :Djo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it