Orange Slice CakeFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 pound chopped dates shopping list
- 1 pound candy orange slices, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups pecans shopping list
- 1 can angel flake coconut shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth; add eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well.
- Add soda to buttermilk, then add to creamed mixture.
- Sift flour into big bowl; add dates, orange slices, and nuts.
- Stir until mixed well and add coconut.
- Combine to cream mixture; stir well (This will be very heavy and hard to stir)
- Pour into a greased and floured angel food cake pan or a large bundt pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- For the icing.. mix well and pour over cake while hot and let it set overnight before serving.....
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating3 people
I love it too ! My mom makes it every Christmas too...dixiejet in Downsville loved it
I must try this recipe cause it sounds so good & a bit different from the usual holiday cakes. But I'm not waiting for a holiday. Thanks for sharing it. Briannabrianna in loved it
just had a slice with hot coffee. my mom has made this same recipe for as long as i can remember for the holidays. she made me one for christmas. it is the best!!violetaster in loved it