Creamy Chipotle DipFrom julesong 8 years ago
- 2-3 individual chipotle chiles in adobo, to taste (if you like it spicier, try 4-5 chiles) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Using a food processor, whir the chipotle chiles until smooth.
- Chop the green onions.
- In a non-reactive bowl stir together the onions, pureed chiles, garlic, and remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Pour into serving dish, top with shredded cheese, and serve with tortilla chips, bell pepper strips, other raw veggies, or crackers.
- It will keep, refrigerated and covered, for about 3 days.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- If you like cilantro, you can add a teaspoon of fresh, minced or chopped cilantro to the dip.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
oh yumola a big 5 forks from me thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Been looking for something like this!!cleardayz in Brighton loved it