Great northrn bean soup with drop dumplingsFrom jackmuldoon 6 years ago
How to make it
- peel and quarter onions.
- place onions , beans, bacon and ham bone in pot and cover with water.
- add two tbls. of salt. and 1tsp. pepper.
- bring to boil and return to simmer with pot covered to vent.
- add water as it evaporates until beans start to break down and become tender.
- in a mixing bowl, add flour and make well for eggs.
- add eggs and blend to make dumpling mix.
- using 2 tsps, scoop with one and drop off with other into soup.
- cook for another 1/2 hour. Yum!
The Cookjackmuldoon Redford, MI
The Rating4 people
Love soup This looks great. TY Lolcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
Another good one, High Five... Love this soup and the thought of dumplings makes it even better. We usually have beans and corn bread twice a year. I will have to remember to try it this way. Recipe bookmarked and printed. P.S. I am the only one in m...moresuecake in loved it
Just found this recipe. 5 for you and will fix with my egg dumplings.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!