Veggie Wet BurritosFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 ½ cups dry textured vegetable protein shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- ¼ cup diced green chile peppers shopping list
- 1 ½ cups black beans, slightly mashed shopping list
- 2 cups spicy vegetarian chili shopping list
- ½ cup salsa shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce shopping list
- 10 (12 inch) tortillas, warmed shopping list
- 2 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese shopping list
- ½ cup chopped green onions (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour hot liquid over TVP, stir and let sit 10 minutes.
- Heat a spray of PAM in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook until translucent.
- Add reconstituted TVP, and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chiles and black beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the chili, salsa and enchilada sauce.
- Mix well, and cook over medium heat until heated through. Turn off heat and keep warm.
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate, and spoon a generous portion of the TVP and bean mixture onto the center. Top with lettuce and tomato.
- Roll up tortilla over the filling. Repeat for remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spoon a generous amount of the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes and serve immediately.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members