Salt And Pepper ShrimpFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 lb large shrimp - unpeeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 tsp Coarse or kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp roasted Sichuan peppercorns -(ground) shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions shopping list
- 2 Fresh red chile peppers (small skinny long) - coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups peanut oil; for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- TO CLEAN THE SHRIMP, remove the feathery legs and blot the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the coarse salt, peppercorns, and
- sugar and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger,
- scallions and the chopped chilies.
- Heat a wok or deep skillet until it is hot and add the oil. When the oil is very hot and smoking, add the shrimp and deep-fry for about 1 minute or until they are pink. Remove them immediately with a slotted spoon and drain well. Pour off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil and reheat the wok.
- Add the salt-peppercorns-sugar mixture and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add the garlic-ginger-scallion-chiles mixture and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Return the shrimp to the wok and stir-fry over high heat for about 2 minutes until the spices have thoroughly coated the outer shell of the shrimp. Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and
- serve at once.
- These shrimp are addictive.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
I go once a week to our chinese place just for these... and yes they are addictive.. I eat those, the whole string beans and the hot and sour soup ... life is good... there is another recipe in about.com.. I think that's the site.. but it uses just b...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!