Fried Fish In A PocketFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds hlibut or other fillets shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer or milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 4 pita (pocket) bread, White or whole wheat shopping list
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 ren onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream or a combination shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cut fish into 2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, mix flour, seasoning and ber or milk and egg.
- Pour oil to 1/4-inch depth in skillet and heat.
- Dip fish in batter. Fry until lightly browned. Drain and keep warm.
- Sice the bread in half, making 2 pockets per person. Fill each one with equal amounts of fish and vegetables.
- Top with yogurt or sour cream and feta cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating3 people
Yes this is a great recipe for lunch or any time I love your addition of seasonal vegetables like cucumbers and tomatoes in your Fried Fish In A Pocket.
Michaeltrigger in loved it