Mexican MeatloafFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 1 Medium green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3 shallots, minced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 t. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef (80 to 85% lean) I like a little fat to the hamburger for flavor shopping list
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, finely shopped shopping list
- 3/4 c. shredded mexican cheese blend, divided shopping list
- 1/2 c. purchased or fresh salsa shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 t. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 t. ground oregano shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- extra salsa shopping list
- sourcream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bell pepper, shallots and garlic in oil in medium skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Gently combine bell pepper mixture and all remaining ingredients except 1/4 c. of the cheese in a large bowl. Place in 8 x 4 inch loaf pan; bake 55 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. cheese during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add salsa and a medium dollop of sour cream to the top of the meatloaf after setting on plate.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!