Florida Coconut cakeFrom shirleyoma 9 years ago
- Florida coconut cake shopping list
- DallasNews shopping list
- 1 box cake mix (white, yellow or chocolate, or you may substitute any scratch cake) shopping list
- 16 ounces coconut (frozen or moist canned) shopping list
- 16 ounces sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 9 ounces frozen whipped topping, defrosted shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cake mix according to directions, baking in three 9-inch layers.
- Combine the coconut, sour cream and sugar. Let stand 2 hours. After cake has cooled place one layer on serving plate. Reserve half the coconut mixture for topping the cake, and then divide what's left in half.
- Spread one half on the bottom layer, add second cake layer, put the remainder on top and then top with third cake layer.
- Mix the reserved coconut mixture with the whipped topping and use to frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate 2 days before serving. Makes 12 servings.
- PER SERVING: Calories 578 (43% fat) Fat 28 g (19 g sat) Cholesterol 17 mg Sodium 333 mg Fiber 4 g Carbohydrates 80 g Protein 5 g