Zippy Enchiladas In Sour Cream SauceFrom lor 8 years ago
- 2 lbs. ground beef (you can use ground turkey, chicken or pork) shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. Picante salsa Sauce (I use medium spicy) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder - or 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2-3 drops Tabasco shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese (Monterey Jack or swiss cheese works well also) shopping list
- 18 soft corn tortillas shopping list
- Note: I have added a can of refried beans or I have actually taken a can of beans in tomato sauce and mashed them. Either way, the addition is excellent!!! shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef and drain fat.
- Add onion and green pepper, continue cooking until onion and pepper are soft.
- Add salt, pepper, Picante Salsa Sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, Tabasco and ripe olives.
- Simmer for 5 minutes more.
- In double boiler, melt butter, add flour.
- Slowly add milk to make white sauce.
- Blend in sour cream and heat slowly for 1 minute.
- Do NOT boil.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Fill each soft tortilla with as much of the mixture as you can and roll up.
- Line the casserole dish with rolled tortillas.
- Top with sour cream sauce.
- Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F uncovered for 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Just Love To Cook48 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Anything Goes288 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Casserole Comfort131 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Gluten Goodies Come And Get Em6 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members