A Creamy SoupFrom noir 5 years ago
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 stalks celery (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped/ or 2 cups peeled chestnuts shopping list
- 6 sprigs of parsley shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional) shopping list
- 2 quarts chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brandy shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- parmesan cheese for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Coarsely chop the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a stock pot.
- Sauté the vegetables in the olive oil until brown. About 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, potatoes, parsley, wholes cloves, pepper to taste, and salt. You can omit the salt if the chicken broth is salty enough.
- Simmer the soup for one hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- Break up the vegetables with an old-fashioned potato masher. Just mash them right in the pot with the broth.
- Add the cream and brandy.
- Heat through.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.