Irish Bacon And CabbageFrom lor 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cover the slab bacon with cold water and bring it to a boil.
- Drain the water off and put back in the pan again-covering with cold
- Bring to boil again and then simmer for about an hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage.
- Cut in half. Add to the saucepan and simmer for the last 20 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the pan, and carve into thin slices.
- Drain cabbage, season with salt and pepper, chop and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Serve the bacon with the cabbage.
- Don't forget to serve this with boiled potatoes drizzled with butter and seasoned with salt, pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
- You can either serve the potatoes whole, cut in chunks, or mashed and fried.
- Bread is always a part of the meal as well!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
This is good! I used low-sodium chicken broth instead of water and I added onions. Yum!leroux in Surfside Beach loved it
A very good excuse to eat a bunch of bacon.
See also: Irish Bacon And Cabbagepointsevenout in Athens loved it