Yogurt Dip From IndiaFrom lor 7 years ago
- 250 ml yogurt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Cream (20-30% fat) shopping list
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced (I use 4-5 cloves) shopping list
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced (increase or decrease as required) shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh coriander leaves or flat leafed parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Note: You can also add grated cucumber to this recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Hang the yogurt in cheesecloth for 2-3 hours until all the whey drips out. If you are using Greek yogurt, then you may not need to hang it.
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth.
- Add the cream and lemon juice and whisk well again.
- Note: If you want a fat-free version, omit the cream. It still tastes delicious!
- Add all the remaining ingredients, and mix well with a spoon.
- Adjust seasoning ie. lemon juice, salt etc.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander or parsley.
- I like to sprinkle finely chopped green onion on the top.
- Note: This recipe can also be used as a sauce. One idea is for grilled chicken and cottage cheese paneer wrap. Simply saute sliced onions, bell peppers & capsicum. Add to the wrap with the chicken/paneer & top it off with the dip. Adds incredible flavour! If you like falafel as much as we do, it's great in a pita round or on the side.
- **If you're wondering about Capsicum, it is extracted from the hot red chile pepper. The main reason some people do not get sick from drinking polluted water is because they eat hot red peppers daily. Bread is traditionally used to cool the heat. Capsicum kills harmful bacteria inside the body and is used to heal and prevent infection from sores, burns and injuries as well!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
I had this dip at a friends house party and it was absolutely delicious! Now I can make it myself and offer it to her. Thanks so much for your 5 rated recipe.peepers in loved it