Carrot Parsnip SoupFrom trackwidow 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups parsnip, coarsely chopped (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups carrot, coarsely chopped (about 1 pound) shopping list
- Two (14 ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add chopped parsnip, water, carrot, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place half of carrot mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed carrot mixture in a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture. Stir in salt and pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooktrackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
The Rating4 people
Love this Thanksmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Simmering! Added a couple cloves of garlic and a couple more veggies that were languishing in the fridge.
A new taste for me but I would make it again.pointsevenout in Athens loved it