French Onion Salisbury SteaksFrom ali4sls 6 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 Tbs. scallion, minced shopping list
- 1 t. sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 c. onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 c. beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 c. Port shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the ground beef, parsley, scallion, salt and pepper, mixing well. Shape into 4 oval patties, about 1 inch thick. Dredge each patty in flour. Reserve 1 Tbs. flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over medium high heat. Add the patties and sautee 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add the onions and sugar to the pan; sautee 5 minutes.
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the onions. Sautee 1 minute, or until the paste begins to brown.
- Sprinkle the onions with the reserved flour; cook one minute.
- Stir in the broth and wine, then add the salt and thyme.
- Return the patties to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 10-15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- leroux Surfside Beach, SC
- thegoldminer Sacramento, CA
- scubasuz Lake Forest, CA
- lisakreider Collinsville, IL
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- marriage Apalachin
- craftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
- dandelion Ashland, NE
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookali4sls Gastonia, NC
The Rating4 people
Gave this recipe to one of our cooks at work and she did it for 186 people (3 shifts) and they loved it. Of course her help, which is involuntary) dreaded making the patties. Awesome.
Billputercop in Kerhonkson loved it
yep love this dish. will make it and post some step by step pics. thanks, JJ.thegoldminer in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!