Chili Relleno CasseroleFrom pqsunny 9 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 Cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 (7 oz) cans whole green chilies, split open shopping list
- 4 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 Cups Shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 CupTomato salsa to serve on top shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9X13-inch glass baking dish.
- Beat first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Arrange chilies from 1 can in prepared dish, covering bottom completely.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of each cheese.
- Repeat layering twice.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake until casserole is slightly puffed in center and golden brown on edges, about 45 minutes.
- Put salsa on top of each serving.
The Cookpqsunny SAN DIEGO, CA
The Rating5 people
Thanks for this recipe. I will certainly be making it in the next few days. It looks so good!! :)kathye in loved it
I made this last evening. I had to adapt the recipe because of special diet needs (see alterations), but it is a very good basic recipe. I think it would be enjoyed by people who are usually afraid of Mexican food because of spices. I will certainl...moreuhannigan in loved it