Crab Stuffed JalapenosFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 5 ounces of cream cheese, softened (little over half a block) shopping list
- 3 ounces of sharp cheddar, grated fine shopping list
- 4 ounces of refrigerated crab, picked over and drained well shopping list
- 2 skinny green onions, minced fine shopping list
- 2 big squeezes of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt (i use a big pinch here) shopping list
- 24 large jalapenos, cut in half and seeded shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the halved seeded jalapenos for about 30 seconds. Plunge in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Pat dry.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crab, onions, salt and lemon juice.
- Fill the jalapeno halves and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for
- 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bake until just hot and bubbly, with a bit of brown on top.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
This sounds GREAT! I will be making these VERY soon!divacook in Maple Plain loved it
Wow! I have never, ever stuffed and eaten a Jalopeno pepper before. Gonna give this a whirl. Thanks!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Made these last night and they were wonderful! I had wanted to make them as part of a "Mexican" themed meal and this stepped it up a little. I had been worried that the Jalopenos would be too 'hot' for me, but it was a subtle heat....most d...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it