Eggplant and Onion CasseroleFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- 5 eggplants shopping list
- 4 onions shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- ½ cup olive oil, separated shopping list
- rosemary and thyme (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- ½ cup feta or blue cheese, grated shopping list
- ½ cup Cheddar or Emmental cheese, grated (optional) shopping list
- ¼ cup bread crumbs mixed with shopping list
- 1 Tbsp grated parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, dry and slice eggplants. Sprinkle with salt and let rest for about ½ hour.
- Pat dry and arrange on a shallow baking pan. Drizzle ¼ cup olive oil on top and bake until lightly browned (1/2 hour). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and slice onions. Chop garlic cloves.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a big skillet and cook onions and garlic until transparent. Salt and add chicken stock and the herbs. Let it cook for about ½ hour on medium heat until onions are tender and liquid has almost evaporated.
- Arrange half the eggplants on a baking dish, add half of the onion mixture and sprinkle half the cheeses. Add remaining eggplant, onions and cheese. Sprinkle bread crumbs and parsley on top.
- Drizzle some extra olive oil and bake in 400ºF oven for 15 minutes or until bread is nicely golden and cheese is melted.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating6 people
Yum, Yum. Saved.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
You pictures are beautiful, and I can't believe I haven't tried this recipe yet! It looks so good and the addition of blue cheese will be amazing! Thanks for posting this. Marciamao65 in Griffith loved it
Love this recipe! Thank you. Your pictures are fantastic!mamalou in Attleboro loved it