Bourbon Mashed Sweet PotatoesFrom pat2me 8 years ago
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, about 4 lbs. shopping list
- 2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 T. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 T. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 C. cream shopping list
- 4 T. butter shopping list
- 1/4 C. light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 C. bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into eighths.
- Place in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Add the 2 teaspoons salt and granulated sugar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until very tender. Potatoes should mash easily when pressed with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and return to pan over very low heat.
- Return to burner until all moisture has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Rice or mash until very smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar. Combine the 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl; stir into potatoes.
- Place cream and butter in a saucepan. Heat until butter melts. Stir into potatoes. Stir in the corn syrup and bourbon.
- Serves 8 to 10.
- Note: Potatoes may be made up to a day in advance and reheated in a saucepan with an additional 1/4 cup cream.