Spicy Spinach Potato SoupFrom nemo 9 years ago
- 8 medium sized potatoes - diced shopping list
- 6 block of frozen spinach - about 3 cups shredded spinach shopping list
- 2 blocks knorr vegetable stock - you could substitute one with salt to taste shopping list
- 2 onions - diced shopping list
- 1 leek - cut into rounds shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped finely (or use a garlic crusher) shopping list
- 1 red chili pepper - i used a dried one cut with kitchen scissors shopping list
- 1 small tub of plain yogurt - about 3/4 cup of yogurt shopping list
- 1 liter water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot add 1 liter of water and bring to boil, while waiting continue...
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes (about 1cm wide)
- Add these to the water along with stock cubes
- Leave to boil on medium heat for 30minutes, while waiting continue...
- Clean and chop onions finely and cut leeks into thin rounds
- Fry these in a pan with a little oil till onions are translucent
- Lower the heat and add the chopped garlic and cut red chili pepper
- Fry for another 2 minutes, do not brown the garlic
- Once done add the onion mixture to the boiling potatoes
- Add the spinach to the potato soup and leave to cook till potatoes are soft and spinach is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add yogurt
- Blend the soup and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away
- Note: I added finely chopped green onion (chives) after blending, garnished with parsley leaves and topped with Parmesan cheese