Halloween Lady FingersFrom annieamie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place almonds in a bowl, drizzle on enough red food coloring to coat almonds.
- Stir almonds around so that they are evenly colored.
- Place almonds on paper towel-lined platter to dry.
- Work with one half of the dough at a time and keep the remainder refrigerated.
- Scoop dough into tablespoonful-sized balls.
- Roll each piece of dough into a finger shape.
- Press 1 almond, pointy-end out, firmly into 1 end of cookie finger to form a nail.
- Press the tines of a fork lightly into the dough just below the nail and in the center of the finger to form knuckles.
- Place cookies, about 1-inch apart, on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- When cookies are done, let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Remove cookies to platter to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough and almonds.