slow cooker pot roastFrom danerin2 5 years ago
- 1 bottom round or rump roast shopping list
- 3 carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, cut in 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut in fourths shopping list
- 1 cup homemade beef stock shopping list
- 1 cup homemade vegetable stock (or could use all beef) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef on all sides in skillet.
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker crock.
- Place browned beef on top of vegetables.
- Pour stock over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove beef; cover to keep warm.
- Strain liquid into saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Mix milk and flour in a shaker.
- Add to boiling liquid and stir until gravy is desired consistency.
People Who Like This Dish 52
The Cookdanerin2 Medford, NJ
The Rating7 people
Sooo nice to see a crockpot recipe that doesn't involve processed food out of a can! Kudos and good recipe!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
Easy and tasty! Yum!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Delicious! Simple to prepare, yet elegant. WELL worth making again! I rated you a 5 forks on this one! :+D Thanks for the recipe.chefelaine in Muskoka loved it