Key Lime PieFrom ecc 9 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 8 ounces graham crackers, crushed shopping list
- 4 ounces butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup canned sweetened condensed milk, CHILLED shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, cold shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice, cold shopping list
- whipped cream, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- To make the crust, combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Mold the mixture into a greased, 10-inch pie shell and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, combine the milk and the egg yolks and mix well.
- Slowly add the key lime juice and mix just until incorporated.
- Do not overmix or the pie will not set-up in the refrigerator.
- Pour the mix into the pre-baked pie shell and refrigerate until set.
- To serve, slice the pie and serve with whipped cream or serve plain.