Rich and Flavorful Enchilada SauceFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (*) shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1/4 cup finely minced fresh yellow onions shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 teaspoons minced roasted garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry shopping list
- Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce, to taste (I used somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 tsp, cause I'm a whimp) shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the boiling water and bouillon granules until dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use in your favorite enchilada recipes!
- *Note: I prefer using 1 tsp of Maggi Chicken with Chipotle bouillon cube and 1 tsp of Chicken and Tomato bouillon cube (in the international aisle, from Nestle products) instead of 2 tsp beef bouillon; please note that most Maggi bouillon cubes contain 2 tsps, so you'll be using half-cubes.
- Makes about 4 cups (2 cups is usually enough for one batch of enchilada casserole).
People Who Like This Dish 16
- nocancook Nowhere, Us
- cynmorr Nowhere, Us
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- angelfish88 Calgary, CA
- zademan Irwin, IA
- cmmcelro Mt Pleasant - NE Texas Between Dallas And Texarkana, TX
- lasaf St. Paul, MN
- eclaires Chicago, IL
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!