Mustardy Fried Chicken BreastFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 4 chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 taspoon salt shopping list
- Dash black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tabespoons prepared mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded, sliced shopping list
- parsley sprig for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Wipe chicken breast with damp paper toweling. Sprikle with the salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, beat together egg and mustard.
- In a separate bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg mixure. Then roll in cheese mixtre until evenly coated. Lay chicken on waxed paper and allow coating to set for about 10 minutes.
- Saute chicken on both sides in heated oil for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Arrange on serving platter. Spinkle with green pepper slices and garnish with parsley sprig.
- Do not crowd pan when sauteing; otherwise it will steam, not saute, the meat. For better flavor, use clarified butter for the chicken. This prevents burning and the formation of black specks on the skin surface.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
Can this be baked instead? I always assume so but sometimes I'm sorely wrong!erisgrrrl in Bloomington loved it
I made this for dinner tonight and everyone liked it! I used honey mustard and baked instead of frying. I thought the mustard flavor was a lil on the light side so next time I will use a coarse grain mustard for more oomph!
All in all, v...moreerisgrrrl in Bloomington loved it