Kinda Thai Pumpkin PieFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soy milk (not low-fat) shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- Half of a 170g package creamed coconut (not coconut cream or milk!) shopping list
- ½ cup pumpkin puree shopping list
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- Pastry for a single-crust 9” pie, unbaked shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together soy milk, water, sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Heat, whisking occasionally, until steaming.
- Stir in the creamed coconut and remove from heat, stirring to thicken. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine pumpkin puree and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Pour warm coconut mixture into bowl and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Pour into pie shell, smoothing top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F.
- Bake for additional 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate1 hour before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
i give u 5 for effortmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members