Chocolate Cake Hungarian StyleFrom songbird 9 years ago
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped and sweetened shopping list
- chocolate glaze (see recipe below) shopping list
- toasted sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Separate eggs and beat whites with the salt until stiff but not dry.
- Beat in 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in cocoa.
- Beat yolks until thick and lemon-coloured and fold into cocoa mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Spread in 15" x 10" x 1" pan lined with waxed paper and greased.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) about 20 minutes.
- Turn out on towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Very gently peel off waxed paper, using a small spatula to separate cake from paper if it sticks.
- Cool and cut crosswise in quarters.
- Put layers together with whipped cream. (Begin with cake on bottom, alternate with whipped cream, ending with whipped cream on top.)
- Spread with glaze; decorate with almonds.
- Chill and slice.
- Chocolate Glaze: Over boiling water, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 square unsweetened chocolate. Remove from boiling water. Add 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons boiling water, dash of salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat until smooth and glossy.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- crabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
- choclytcandy IN
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- princesa9580 *******, DE
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- sportsgirlca Los Angeles, CA
- shawdowsmom Fennville, MI
- shreela Houston, TX
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksongbird Bracebridge, Canada
The Rating4 people
Excellent and I just love the photo--mouthwatering..lolgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. This looks so good!
Did your Mother ever make the cakes using waffle-like wafers? If you have a good recipe for using those, please know that I'd love to see it here.
Thank you again for the recipe!...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!