Chocolate Cake Hungarian StyleFrom songbird 7 years ago
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped and sweetened shopping list
- chocolate glaze (see recipe below) shopping list
- toasted sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Separate eggs and beat whites with the salt until stiff but not dry.
- Beat in 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in cocoa.
- Beat yolks until thick and lemon-coloured and fold into cocoa mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Spread in 15" x 10" x 1" pan lined with waxed paper and greased.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) about 20 minutes.
- Turn out on towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Very gently peel off waxed paper, using a small spatula to separate cake from paper if it sticks.
- Cool and cut crosswise in quarters.
- Put layers together with whipped cream. (Begin with cake on bottom, alternate with whipped cream, ending with whipped cream on top.)
- Spread with glaze; decorate with almonds.
- Chill and slice.
- Chocolate Glaze: Over boiling water, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 square unsweetened chocolate. Remove from boiling water. Add 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons boiling water, dash of salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat until smooth and glossy.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- crabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
- choclytcandy IN
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- princesa9580 *******, DE
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- sportsgirlca Los Angeles, CA
- shawdowsmom Fennville, MI
- shreela Houston, TX
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksongbird Oakville, Canada
The Rating4 people
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. This looks so good!
Did your Mother ever make the cakes using waffle-like wafers? If you have a good recipe for using those, please know that I'd love to see it here.
Thank you again for the recipe!...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Excellent and I just love the photo--mouthwatering..lolgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!