Turkey oodles of noodles soupFrom yummers 6 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded or cubed shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 cups chicken broth ( I always use veggie broth) shopping list
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles or thin spaghetti ( broken in half) shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- sprinkle of fresh or dried parsley on top shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, carrots, garlic, and celery and saute 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add turkey, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to mix well.
- Add chicken broth (or veggie) and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Return mixture to a boil and add egg noodles or thin like spaghetti.
- Cook 10 minutes, until the pasta is just tender.
- Stir in peas and cook until peas are just heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves and stir in parsley.
The Cookyummers Port Moody, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!