Irish Soda BreadFrom pat2me 7 years ago
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- ¼ Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Large eggs shopping list
- 1 ¼ Cups buttermilk shopping list
- ¼ Cup oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins (plumped in Irish Wiskey) shopping list
- 1 Tbl. milk (brush on before baking) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or lightly grease it
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, and oil together
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in buttermilk mixture.
- Add caraway seeds and drained raisins. Stir until a soft dough forms
- Shape dough into large ball on a lightly floured board (flour hands for easier handling.
- With a sharp knife, make a cross on the top.
- Place on prepared pan, brush with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating3 people
Sounds like one of the best soda bread recipes I've seen yet! Will be trying this. Thank you! ^5dancingfox in Butler loved it
Can't wait. Looks so yummy. Never tried Irish Whiskey to soak the rasins before. Sounds so good. Thanks.dottiet in Woodward loved it
It sounds FANTASTIC!! I will definitely be making this bread, Irish Whiskey and all. :) Thank you for the recipe, pat2me, and for joining our group. I look forward to seeing more of your recipes.sallyjo in Decatur loved it