Pasta SauceFrom reginnia0221 8 years ago
- Desired meat (Italian sausage, beef, premade meatballs) shopping list
- 2-3 (28oz) tomato puree shopping list
- 1 small can of tomato paste (for thicker sauce/ if desired) shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (more or less for individual taste) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- 2 tsp curry powder (more or less for individual taste) shopping list
- 2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less for individual taste) shopping list
How to make it
- On medium heat, cook onion and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add desired meat and cook until brown.
- Add tomato puree and tomato paste.
- Add remainder of ingredients and simmer for at least 1 hour.
The Cookreginnia0221 Jacksonville, AR
The Rating3 people
Added sage and Italian seasoning to try to convert a chopped up meatloaf to taste like sausage.
Pretty good recipe for a short simmer sauce. Had to add a lot of salt to get it to that savory flavor.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Made this a second time using mild Italian sausage and diced up chicken.
See also: Pasta Saucepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!