Sweet Peanut ChewsFrom annieamie 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cover a 13x9 pan with release aluminum foil going up the sides as well as covering the bottom.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of peanuts on the bottom of the pan.
- Using a glass bowl, add the butter with the chips and microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the marshmallows and condensed milk.
- Stir to mix.
- Place back into microwave and cook for one more minute.
- Stir well until marshmallows melt OR stir until marshmallows are slightly melted.
- Pour the contents of your bowl over the peanuts and tap the pan lightly to make sure that the mass spreads over the peanuts in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the top and press down lightly.
- Refrigerate for one hour to set completely and cut into squares.
- ** If you stir the marshmallows into the chips and milk, you will have a lovely golden center between the peanuts. In the picture above, you can see how the bars will look if you do NOT completely melt the marshmallows. I melt my marshmallows completely.
- ***If you just have to add chocolate, melt 1/2 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave with 1 tsp of butter. Stir until smooth and drizzle the chocolate directly over the final layer of peanuts before refrigerating the pan. Sometimes we all just need that little bit of chocolate.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating4 people
Yummmmmm! Thanks for the awesome recipehooch in New Zealand loved it
My girls are gonna love this one as they love peanuts and marshmallows. I'll make them up a batch over the weekend. Thanks for the post, Anne.jonmic in Flagstaff loved it
Oh yeah, these get a "5" because I make the same recipe and they are absolutely ADDICTIVE! You can't eat just one, and they always seem to disappear before your eyes...simple, easy, tasty treat!!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Cooking With Kids276 members
Sweet Suite158 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
Christmas Candy165 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Halloween Treats36 members