Butterscotch Walnut BarsFrom debra47 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 package (6 ounces) butterscotch pieces shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 T butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 T water shopping list
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped medium fine shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a greased 13 x 9 x2 pan.
- With your hand press firmly into a smooth, compact layer.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove pan to rack while you prepare the topping.
- Combine syrup, butterscotch pieces, salt, butter, and water in a large saucepan.
- With rubber spatula stir over low heat, pressing butterscotch pieces until melted and smooth.
- Quickly stir in the walnuts and remove from heat.
- Work quickly to prevent the mixture from hardening.
- Place large spoonfuls on the warm, baked crust.
- With the back of a spoon spread the mixture to within 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch of the crust edges.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 30-40 minutes or until only slightly warm.
- With small, sharp knife loosen around edges then cut into 16 bars.
- With wide, metal spatula transfer bars to cutting board.
- Cool thoroughly until firm.
- Cut each bar in half.
- Makes 32.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating6 people
This looks great. Thanks hon.organicmama in loved it
I'm all over these.....wonderful bars. Love my butterscotch. YUM. Thanks for adding them to the Holiday Cookie Swap. My friends will be very happpy with me when I add these to the cookie jar.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Love butterscotch!! These sound DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it