Whole Wheat CakeFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour sifted shopping list
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift white flour then measure and resift 3 times with baking powder and salt.
- Add in whole wheat flour then stir it in thoroughly.
- Cream shortening with the sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and beat mixture until smooth then stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk into creamed mixture.
- Line two baking pans with wax paper then lightly grease and flour.
- Pour batter into pans and cook for 25 minutes then cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Turn out to cool completely on cake rack.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!