Almond praline chocolate cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 225 grams good quality plain chocolate (I use Lindt) shopping list
- 175 grams butter, softened shopping list
- 225 grams caster sugar shopping list
- 65ml flour shopping list
- 6 eggs separated shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 225 good plain chocolate shopping list
- 225 grams heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp orange extract or rum flavor (optional) shopping list
- Garnish and additions: shopping list
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds or hazelnuts shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease a 20cm cake pan with butter, line
- The base with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- Make the garnish and additions first:
- On a cookie sheet, arrange the almonds or hazelnuts evenly.
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan over low heat till all is dissolved and
- You reach a deep brown colour.Pour the melted hot sugar over
- The almonds coating all evenly. Leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled, break it into small pieces, put in the food processor
- And grind it finely. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, add the
- Butter and stir till all butter is melted. Add the flour, sugar and the beaten egg yolk.
- In a stainless bowl with clean beaters, whisk the egg whites till stiff. Fold 2 tbsp of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and then add the rest Of the whites folding slowly and carefully. Pour the batter mixture in the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes. The cake should have a crust on the top and muddy inside. Cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, mix the cream and the chocolate stirring till all chocolate melts. Cool slightly and add the flavor if using,stir.Leave 1 hour in room temperature. Whisk till thickened slightly
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the grinded almonds over the cake in pan. Top with half of the Chocolate and cream mixture.Add 1 tbsp to the rest of the chocolate and cream mixture, stir till combined and pour over the cake .Sprinkle the rest of the grinded almonds over the top.
- Chill for 4 hours. As Charlie states in his direction the cake should be served out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving so that the chocolate topping would be tender and I agree the advice was just great.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating5 people
I second every thing said above!
Ahmed, you keep getting better, if that is possible!vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
thank you so much Ahmed, this is delicious!!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
WOW !!!! My mouth is watering !!! A good friend of mine is a pastry chef. I will invite him over and we will cook this ! Cant wait. You have my 5greenlord in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!