South of the Border RatatouilleFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 zucchini, diced shopping list
- 2 yellow squash, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp of dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper (or cayenne) shopping list
- 3 green unripe firm tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 poblano chile, minced shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup of chopped cilantro shopping list
- Queso blanco, if you desire 2 ounces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in the skillet and saute the onion, yellow squash, zucchini, oregano, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. Saute for five to eight minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and green chiles.
- Transfer to mixture to an ovenproof casserole, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- If you decide to add the cheese, crumble across the top of the casserole and heat a couple of minutes in the oven. Remove.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.